Dear Dental Solutions Family,
We hope this communication finds you and your loved ones in good health. Our community and the whole world have been through a very difficult time in the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing that has remained the same is our commitment to the safety of our patients and staff. Take heart: we see a light at the end of the tunnel. We have been fielding all emergencies as defined by the ADA and Pennsylvania Dept. of Health since we temporarily closed on March 17. We look forward to the time when we can resume regular scheduled procedures as well.
Infection control and general cleanliness have always been a top priority at Dental Solutions, as you likely have noticed during your visits to our office in the past. We have redoubled our efforts since the COVID-19 outbreak. Our infection control protocols are designed so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable for patients and staff alike. Our office follows the infection control guidelines of the Pennsylvania Dept of Health, PA Dental Society, American Dental Association, Center for Disease Control, and OSHA, among others. We follow the activities and announcement of these agencies very closely so we are up to date on any new rulings or guidelines that are issued by our governing bodies.
We anticipate that Franklin County will move to the “yellow phase” on May 22. We will not be treating patients in the office during the “red phase.” This is for several reasons but mainly to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible during this crisis. We also must comply with state guidelines to remain fully licensed, open, and able to provide treatment to our patients. With this in mind, we hope to resume limited operations on May 26, the day after Memorial Day. This will allow us to complete our staff training on all the new mandated protocols and safeguards before opening. The risk to patients, staff and the practice itself moving forward is simply too great to open in the red phase. We are sorry for any delays in treatment you may have experienced, or may in the future.
You will notice some changes during your next visit to Dental Solutions. These have been made with your and our safety in mind.
- Our office staff will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked these same questions IN YOUR CAR when you arrive. Please call our office number — 717-264-9275 — upon arrival and a staff member will come out TO YOUR CAR to take your temperature and escort you directly into the treatment room. Only the patient being treated will be permitted in the office. The Reception Area is closed for now.
- Please WEAR A MASK to your appointment. We are going to great lengths to ensure your safety during this crisis, and we need our patients to join us in this effort.
- A staff member will direct you to use hand sanitizer as you enter the office. This will be made available to you by us.
- Appointment times will be staggered to allow for social distancing between patients. We like to keep busy around here but there is no possible way to see the same number of patients per day as before and still be safe. We are working through a backlog of over two months.
- Since we are able to treat fewer patients per day under these conditions, you may see increased wait times for securing an appointment with us. We are doing our best to provide our usual excellent care while keeping you and our staff safe. Thank you for your patience.
- Partitions and plastic sheeting have been placed in the office to help further isolate you from other patients. We are also considering installing air purification units and increasing the level of filters we use in our HVAC system.
We very much look forward to seeing you again. To make an appointment or to share any questions or concerns, please call the office at 717-264-9275. Messages are checked several times a day and we will do our best to get back to you within 24 hours. Finally, we want to thank you for being our patient. We have nothing without your trust and loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the practice as soon as we are able.
Best Wishes from Dr. Weiss, Liz and the whole team.
Eric C. Weiss, DMD